Westchester Radiology & Imaging was established to provide Medical experts with affordable, reliable X-Ray solutions.
A Diagnostic X-Ray is the use of X-Rays to identify healthy or abnormal conditions within the body. This is one of the most direct methods for detecting causes of certain health problems and checking your progress.
What is it like to have an x-ray?
You'll be asked to stand, sit, or lie near a movable x-ray generator and a digital recording plate. The technologist will help position you so the doctor will have the best view of the body in the X-Ray image. They may give you a lead apron to wear and will position the machine. The technologist may instruct you to hold your breath while the X-Rays are being taken (any movement will blur the image). Some examinations require the taking of several films.
The exam can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the reason you are having the test done. Afterwards, you can dress and return to your normal routine. The radiologist, a doctor, will examine the x-rays and share this information with your doctor.
In some cases, a substance called a contrast agent is used to help see areas that normally couldn't be easily seen on an x-ray. The contrast agent is usually made with barium or iodine. While x-rays are painless, there can be discomfort associated with contrast agents.
Please make your doctor aware if you are allergic to barium, iodine, or shellfish before having an x-ray that involves a contrast agent.
SERVICING: WESTCHESTER, ARDSLEY, DOBBS FERRY, HASTING ON HUDSON, IRVINGTON, TARRYTOWN, SLEEPY YONKERS, NORTHERN BRONX, GREENBURGH, HARTSDALE, EDGEMONT, SCARSDALE, ELMSFORD, MOUNT PLEASANT, OSSINING, MOUNT KISCO, BRIARCLIFF MANOR, WHITE PLANES, VALHALA, MT. VERNON, PELHAM, PELHAM MANOR, NEW ROCHELLE, MAMARONECK, RYE, TUCKAHOE, BRONXVILLE, EASTCHESTER, PORT CHESTER, LARCHMONT
© 2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- The only local Radiology Center with an Open MRI to prevent claustrophobia
- The only Radiology Center with highly skilled physicians which specializes in MRI exams
- The only Radiology Center with night appointments
- The only Radiology Center, which welcomes walk-ins with no appointments
- We utilize the latest PAC/RIS System for advanced reading, interpretation, and transfer of performed tests.
- 24 HR Test Results
- Transportation Available
- Affordable healthcare services
- Highly professional team of physicians, technologists, and support staff