What is Mammography?
A mammogram is a safe low-dose x-ray of the breast that is used to detect early breast cancer in women. The American Cancer Society recommends screening mammography for breast cancer annually after age 40. In addition to a mammogram, women should also have an annual breast exam by a qualified health examiner as well as perform breast self-examination monthly. Mammograms play a central part in the early detection of breast cancer because they can detect changes in the breast that may be early signs of cancer before they may be felt on a breast examination.
Will it hurt?
Compression of the breast is key to achieving a high quality image. Some women will experience discomfort during the examination. You may choose to schedule your mammogram at a time when your breasts are less tender, usually after your menstrual cycle. This should help reduce discomfort associated with the exam.
SERVICING: WESTCHESTER, ARDSLEY, DOBBS FERRY, HASTING ON HUDSON, IRVINGTON, TARRYTOWN, SLEEPY YONKERS, NORTHERN BRONX, GREENBURGH, HARTSDALE, EDGEMONT, SCARSDALE, ELMSFORD, MOUNT PLEASANT, OSSINING, MOUNT KISCO, BRIARCLIFF MANOR, WHITE PLANES, VALHALA, MT. VERNON, PELHAM, PELHAM MANOR, NEW ROCHELLE, MAMARONECK, RYE, TUCKAHOE, BRONXVILLE, EASTCHESTER, PORT CHESTER, LARCHMONT
© 2012 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- The only local Radiology Center with an Open MRI to prevent claustrophobia
- The only Radiology Center with highly skilled physicians which specializes in MRI exams
- The only Radiology Center with night appointments
- The only Radiology Center, which welcomes walk-ins with no appointments
- We utilize the latest PAC/RIS System for advanced reading, interpretation, and transfer of performed tests.
- 24 HR Test Results
- Transportation Available
- Affordable healthcare services
- Highly professional team of physicians, technologists, and support staff